Monday, May 27, 2013

macro

For my birthday this year, I bought myself a fun little toy. It's a macro lens for my cell phone camera that sticks to your phone with a magnet. It's the coolest little thing although it definitely takes some practice to get it right. I didn't realize that it requires you finding teeny tiny things to photograph (much smaller that I was even expecting), and it also requires a very very steady hand, which is sometimes hard and frustrating. However, I do love that it makes me look closely at the world. I'm not a very observant person, so it definitely forces me to look at things closely...like the hairs sticking out of moss or the inside of a flower. Here are a few of my favorite I've taken so far.


Happy Memorial Day to everyone! I sure do love three day weekends. We are hanging around the house today; relaxing, doing yard work, planting flowers and grilling. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are great photos! I've been hearing about lenses for camera phones but haven't actually tried them out yet. It's fun to see some photos here!

    ReplyDelete