Wednesday, February 20, 2013

products i love: camelbak all clear

Anders and I travel a lot abroad and with that comes the issue of drinking water. In most of the countries we visit, it isn't safe to drink the water, and since I don't know exactly which countries it is safe, we just stick with the don't-drink-it-ever rule thus resulting in the purchase of many (wasteful) bottles of water. However, before we left for Peru, I purchased the CamelBak All Clear water bottle, and it filters water for me using UV light. Stream water! Tap water! You name it water! It's so simple. All you have to do is fill the bottle from the tap or stream or well, push a little button on the top to power the UV light and shake for 60 seconds. The water is fine to drink after that (you can read the more specific details here). Easy! 

This is probably my new favorite toy ever. Although please note that it doesn't actually change the taste of the water. Therefore, tap water still tastes like tap water. I personally didn't have a problem with it, but it freaked Anders out.

This is me filtering water in the middle-of-nowhere, Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment