Friday, November 30, 2012

drinking vegetables

 So, December is happening this Saturday, and the holiday parties and events are already starting to fill the calendar. December is by far, in my opinion, the unhealthiest month. It's super hard to stay committed to healthy eating when your cube mate has brought in triple chocolate banana fudge bread topped with candy canes for the third day in a row. I have already been sick twice this fall, and I don’t want the holidays to take me down for a third time. I’m a little stressed out about it, so I decided to take some serious action. Enter our juice machine. I haven’t been much of a juicer unless there were extra carrots around our house that needed to be used up, but this week Anders and I specifically planned to start each morning with some sort of veggie juice concoction. I literally gagged on the beet, carrot, cucumber juice, but the carrot, ginger, apple is really good (I'm beginning to think all juices need one apple!). Next up, cabbage juice…although honestly, I’m really scared about that one. If anyone has a veggie juice that they can recommend, please send our way!
Merry Carrots! 

4 comments:

  1. You're right, an apple is always a good idea or a pear. Here are my favorite juices:

    Green Lemonade - this consists of a romaine lettuce or celery or cucumbers, with a lemon, an apple or pear, and kale.

    Carrot, Grapefruit, Ginger - 5-6 carrots, 1 grapefruit, and a thumbnail size of ginger

    Beet, apple, carrot

    Nice work! Here's to good health! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Padget! I'm going to try all of these. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I love juicing and I agree, always add an apple. Always. I like juicing celery, really doesn't have much of a taste, but a really good detox veggie. I also like adding citrus {lemons or oranges}. Obviously we all need the vitamin C right now. You are inspiring me. Maybe now that soup month will wrap today, I could get Jake and I to do a little juicing too...kick start the month of diet doom. :) Speaking of which, we need to get a date on the calendar to make something decadent.

    ReplyDelete