Wednesday, October 10, 2012

il corvo

Ever since we got back from Europe, I haven't seen much of my husband. I went home to IL for a while and he was in Tampa for work, and it just seemed as though we kept passing each other in the night. So yesterday, Anders picked me up at work and we went on a little mid-day date to Il Corvo, a place that has been on a radar for awhile now, but we had yet to try.

Il Corvo is a tiny pasta shop hidden in the market. It's open only Tuesday - Friday for lunch only, and it only serves up three pastas a day. The owner, Mike, learned to make pasta in Italy and brought his knowledge back to the states. Every day he chooses seasonal ingredients from the market to make his three dishes, and around 10am he posts the dishes to his website so you know what's available for the day. Since there were only three pastas to choose from, Anders and I decided to try them all! I'm so glad we did. Each one was perfection with simple ingredients that complimented his homemade pasta perfectly. If you live in the area (or if you ever come visit) this place is a MUST.



 Spaghettini with Garlic, Olive Oil and Mama Lil's Pickled Goat Horn Peppers (and because Mike is the nicest guy ever he threw some anchovies on it for me...my favorite!)

Cavatelli with Sunburst Tomatoes, Butter and Fresh Oregano 

 Pappardelle with Salsa Salumi

Clearly we hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment