Thursday, July 19, 2012

cheesy

I'm off to Oregon for four days to a place called Hornings Hideout to hear a band called The String Cheese Incident perform. I'm new to the SCI scene, but here is what I know:

1. Apparently the band broke up, but they still play some shows together. It's very confusing.
2. Their average live song length is roughly 22 minutes. I made that up, but it seems accurate. They are into long songs.
3. Costumes are always encouraged.
4. Shows sometimes include acrobats.

Here is what I don't know:

1. What was the actual incident involving a piece of string cheese that was so epic they had to name their band after it?

Anyway, I'll report back from Oregon next week. Meanwhile, here are some other cheesy things.

2. Famous Murray Cheese opened stands in Seattle! (read about it here
3. Make your own goat cheese.
4. Gnocchi Mac and Cheese!


Also, here is the band playing my favorite song Rollover from Red Rocks (and, hey, it's only 13 minutes long!)



No comments:

Post a Comment