Friday, June 1, 2012

more from the yard

Before:
 An old crummy bench...

A plain pallet from the fish market...

After:

We've had that old bench for awhile now. We finally decided to breathe some life back into it, so we sanded it down and painted it with stain in "weathered blue." As for the pallet, we followed these instructions, and planted it with strawberries and a few perennials. I really love turning crummy things into pretty things! The strawberries in the pallet still need to fill in a little bit, but overall I'm happy with how it came out! 

The little evergreens are the trees we gave away as party favors at our wedding three years ago. We've managed to keep them alive this long! I finally transplanted them to their own pots, so hopefully they will take off! Our yard is really coming together. Time to start having parties, I think!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! You did a great job making old things look new again. I want to come to a party at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the wedding trees, you will have those FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete