Monday, April 9, 2012

this is not a fashion blog

I keep a fashion board on Pinterest, and I use it to save pictures of outfits that I like. However, I have to say that I do run into a lot of problems with the board. Usually when I pin an outfit one of three things happens...
1. The outfit is out of my price range. 2. The piece of clothing in question is no longer available or in my size or 3. The picture is simply of a pretty girl in a pretty outfit with no information about what she is wearing! 

Earlier in the year, I had pinned this dress that I absolutely loved and, sure enough, there was no buying information that went along with it.


Every time I opened Pinterest, I had to look at this dress I couldn't have. So, I decided there was only one thing to do. MAKE IT!


I looked and looked for black and white fabric similar to the dress and had no luck, so I had to settle for this textured black stripe, but overall I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Here's a side by side!

Hmmm...maybe the side by side was a bad idea. Why is this girl so tan!

1 comment: