Monday, April 23, 2012

earth day

Some people love the Christmas holiday...others love dressing up for Halloween. But me? I look forward to Earth Day every year. It might be a lesser known holiday, but Anders and I knowledge it every year and celebrate by planting something into the Earth. It makes me feel like I'm giving back and, whether there is any truth to it or not, I always feel like it officially marks the end of the cold weather. 

This year we planted apple trees, blueberries, strawberries and flowers in our newly landscaped backyard. Anders and I are SO happy with how it came out and can't wait until our produce starts producing.

Hope you all had a happy Earth Day too!







2 comments:

  1. This looks great! It turned out to be so cute, and I especially like all the decorative accents! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks amazing! Good work. It was a very happy day for the earth in your yard!

    ReplyDelete