Tuesday, February 28, 2012

off the grid

We went snowshoeing this past weekend with Anders' sister and her husband, and we got to spend the night in their super cozy cabin in the woods. I feel like the weekend was straight out of a movie. Their cabin sits on the edge of the National Forest, is heated by a wood burning stove and lit at night by kerosene lamps. It seemed to me to be the most picture perfect example of a cabin in the woods, and we had such a good time relaxing and drinking wine by the fire. We left on Sunday morning for a 5 mile snowshoeing hike and, to make things even more magical, the whole area was covered in a new blanket of snow. It even snowed on our hike, which just added to the overall picturesque experience. We go on a snowshoeing hike every year and, out of the last four years, this one might have been my favorite.









I'm still very much a beginner at taking pictures. I'm learning my new camera, and while I'm slowly understanding it better and better, I will tell you one thing. Trying to shoot a white dog in white snow yields a lot of pictures that look like this...


Ha! Hilarious! Where's the dog!?!?

1 comment:

  1. I love white dog, white snow!!!! Awesome! It's like her head is floating... very Cheshire cat esk!

    ReplyDelete