Sunday, January 29, 2012

getting ready

Anders and I leave for Mexico tomorrow and to say we are excited would be the understatement of the year. We are like kids on Christmas morning! Our favorite band, Widespread Panic, is celebrating their 25th anniversary of being a band. They have plans to take a year off and get some (well-deserved) rest, so they decided to go out with a bang and play four nights of shows in the Mayan Riviera! They are calling it Panic en la Playa. There are all kinds of fun activities planned including excursions and yoga and parties, and there is even a "silver night" where everyone gets to dress up in sparkly clothes for the last show of the trip. We are headed down there with a group of friends, which is just the icing to this already perfect cake.

So, let's recap...Our favorite band...playing four nights of shows...in Mexico...and I get to wear a costume? Okay, twist my arm!


For those of you not familiar with these southern rockers, I'll leave you with this video of them playing Travelin' Light...you might have wondered where my blog name came from anyway!



1 comment:

  1. OH.MY.GOD....I love the dress! Now I feel sorry for the rest of Mexico, because you just won best dressed. Have so much fun. Be safe and...see you tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete