Monday, December 5, 2011

olympic peninsula, part II

The Washington coast is quite different than any coast I ever visited when I was growing up. I’m of the floppy hat, sunscreen, pretty ladies in small bikinis and rum drinks class of beaches, so the Washington coast always requires a bit of a mind shift. It’s not that I don’t enjoy the NW beaches, it’s just that it’s a whole different ballgame. It’s cold and rugged and usually requires many layers of clothing. I like it, though. It offers things that warm weather beaches can’t such as whale watching and clam digging and cozying up under a blanket while drinking a hot toddy. We stopped at many beaches throughout our Olympic Peninsula visit; spending a lot of time exploring the cliff sides, looking for star fish in tide pools and attempting to fly a kite (we never could get the spirit bird to take flight. Note to self…$10 kites might not be the best value). Here are a few of my favorite pictures.



This picture of Anders and Maggie has to be my favorite of the whole trip. What a good looking family I have!





As mentioned in yesterday's post, if you have a facebook account, you can see all the pictures from the trip here.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all the pictures and the trip looks like a great time. Good looking family!

    ReplyDelete