Saturday, November 19, 2011

what's for lunch


I spend a lot of time making lunches. I make Anders a lunch every day that he works, and one for me too. It's cheaper and much healthier than buying your lunch downtown, but it does take a bit of work and creativity to come up with inspiring lunches every.single.day. 

I originally saw this idea on Pinterest (here), and I thought it was too genius not to try. Anders and I eat a lot of salads, and I always have the issue of what to do with the dressing...do you put it on the salad and let the lettuce get soggy, or do you find a separate container to store it in? This idea puts the salad in a jar with the dressing on the bottom keeping the lettuce crunchy! (in this particular case, I put the kale next to the dressing because kale needs to be softened in advance, but you can see the regular lettuce on top). Problem solved!

P.S. This is a kale, squash and pomegranate salad, and I highly recommend it. It's so delicious and healthy and a great thing to eat mid-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment